Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a Test Engineer for our Devens, MA location.
As a Test Engineer your main objective will be to help our Optical team build and test high power beam delivery systems for the world's most productive and advanced metal Additive Manufacturing (AM) systems.
- Write and maintain LabVIEW GUI’s and software systems for automated control and data collection
- Support manufacturing and development teams in the operation of automated and semi-automated test stations
- Contribute to the selection, sourcing, and assembling of test hardware
- You will participate in and provide first-hand feedback on automated and semi-automated assembly and test stations.
- Work with a cross-disciplinary internal team to further improve our AM system design and performance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Physics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field with 2+ years of relevant work experience; or Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field
- Experience with electromechanical systems
- Experience with LabVIEW, including hardware channel data acquisition and processing
- Experience with any of the following: signal conditioning, power electronics, data acquisition, electronic test instruments, VHDL, real-time control and simulation, CAD, documentation, National Instruments hardware (PXI, DAQ, RIO, CRIO, GigE Vision)
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Familiarity with motion systems, general electrical measurement equipment, and laser/optical measurement equipment (vision/camera hardware, optical power meters, beam profilers)
- Experience with MATLAB, python, SQL, C, C++, and C#
- Experience with writing code for embedded microprocessors
- Experience with electrical circuits, circuit design, prototyping simple circuits
- Knowledge of PLCs, embedded systems, and microcontrollers
- Design and analysis of analog and digital circuits
- Quality control, R&D, manufacturing engineering experience
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Additive Manufacturing (AM) industry experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup company environment
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.