Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is seeking a Technical Writer for our Devens, MA location.
As a Technical Writer at VulcanForms, Devens, MA, you will work with the Technical Writing team to develop and release documentation such as assembly instructions, operation and maintenance procedures, and forms to support large, industrial-scale, metal 3D printing.
- Work with Technical Writing team to write and update documentation
- Consult with SMEs in Engineering, Operations, and Maintenance to obtain and review source content
- Review technical documentation for consistency and accuracy
- Submit documentation through the document control process
- Degree in Technical Communications, English, or related technical discipline
- 3 years or fewer of technical writing experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, PDF
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in an easy-to-understand manner
- Team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take on new challenges and build on current skills
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.