Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a Talent Development Manager for our Burlington, MA location.
VulcanForms is committed to helping build our organization as a committed community of learners in an environment of hypergrowth. At VulcanForms Inc., we believe that individual and team growth are rooted in how you leverage learning continuously in and out of the classroom. To support this mission, VulcanForms Inc. is looking for an innovative and accomplished Talent Development Manager to join our team in Burlington, MA. Do you have the passion and skills to develop people into better versions of themselves?
As the Talent Development Manager at VulcanForms, Burlington, MA, you are a dynamic, driven individual to be a leader within a new team intent on helping our people develop the skills necessary to take them and the organization to the next level. The Talent Development Manager will craft programs that enable career growth and skills development. These programs will include but are not limited to operations training, career pathing, mentorship, leadership development, manufacturing training (Lean, Six Sigma), project management, planning, as well as change management initiatives.
Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, you will work closely with the organization to assess needs and gaps and develop programs to address those findings. VulcanForms Inc. is passionate about internal growth and development. This role will be vital in ensuring that every VulcanForms team member knows where they are going in their career, how to get there, and has support for their journey. Our people are naturally thirsty for opportunities to learn new things in pursuit of building amazing things for our clients.
Working hand in hand with each function, this role will design, develop, and deliver training and initiatives while continuously assessing the delivery methods; classroom, e-learning, webinars that are results-driven, creative, and innovative. As a skilled facilitator, this role will also require virtual and in-person training animation while ensuring our content evolves and supports the overall business strategy.
As a professional coach with experience in leveraging assessment tools, e.g., Strengths Finder, PI, Hogan, we would like this person to be versatile in their approach and ability to work with teams at all levels. This position will include content design and creation and facilitation across all mediums, and an innovative mindset is essential to this role. This opportunity is a prominent role that will have interactions with all levels of the organization; having an executive presence will be paramount to success.
- Design career support programs like career mentoring, rotational, individual development and talent plans, and other programs that support continual career development for our employees.
- Design, develop, implement, and support company-wide leadership development programs, both asynchronous and synchronous learning across multiple sites.
- Coordinate and deliver a seamless end-to-end learner experience from thoughtful design to expert presentation and facilitation.
- Leads the creation and facilitation of advanced manufacturing/lean training, either through a vendor or in-house, and determines the best facilitation method.
- Assess and implement job-specific training to drive adoption/compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Designs and or implements talent development tools, methodologies, and principles (e.g., skills assessments, organizational diagnostics, talent assessments, knowledge gaps) to improve benchmarking, evaluation, forecasting, decision-making, and talent management.
- Develops Metrics/KPIs/OKRs to enable robust evaluation strategies to measure learner outcomes, productivity, and business impact of learning solutions. Leverage data insights to drive, modify and create future learning offerings.
- Support the business with change management consulting for organizational and cultural transformation where required.
- Ensure compliance of all processes and procedures, associated documentation, validation execution, and guarantee that all areas are ready for inspections and other audits in addition to local regulations and international standards and guidelines.
- Direct the execution of all training and certification programs for Team Members to ensure compliance with Company standards, implementation of training schedules, verification of necessary paperwork, and certification of training.
- Maintains and creates training plans and updates the training matrix, various SharePoint sites, and site training including all training documents and procedures, updating, and creating as needed with revision controls.
- Serve as a thought leader by staying up to date on the latest research and current trends that promote healthy organizations and influential leaders and teams.
- Identify and evaluate trends in learning media and technology-based solutions to improve efficiency and innovation of training programs.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Experience designing, developing, and evaluating talent and career development programs.
- Strong background in learning and development/instructional design.
- Shown success in carrying out and delivering quality results on time.
- A creative and open-minded approach to learning must include both online and asynchronous methods.
- Excellent partnering, consulting, and teamwork skills.
- Apply your analytical abilities to review data to adjust and develop recommended changes.
- Have an appreciation and willingness to work using new technologies to drive more scalability of learning solutions.
- The flexibility to adapt to and shepherd our unique and special VulcanForms culture.
- 5+ years of Talent Development/Training experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent group facilitation, presentation, consultation, and coaching skills.
- An understanding of what makes a good people manager effective.
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills with the ability to influence and persuade your key customers.
- See ambiguity as an opportunity, not an obstacle.
- Have strong project management experience.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with handling audits and inspections is preferred.
- Experience handling or leading global and virtual cross-functional teams when one must influence without authority is preferred.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.