Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms, Inc. is hiring a Software Engineer I for our Burlington, MA location.
As a Software Engineer I, you will play a key role in developing software tools and architecture for the world's most productive metal additive manufacturing systems. This role will contribute to a software team developing cutting-edge additive manufacturing software, allowing efficient workflow from 3D CAD models to printed parts.
- Developing C++ software tools and architecture for the world's most productive metal additive manufacturing systems
- Developing cutting-edge additive manufacturing software, allowing efficient workflow from 3D CAD models to printed parts in a collaborative team environment
- Implementing optimized algorithms in C++, creating high-speed data handling, extensive data set generation and manipulation and interpreting technical documents for an advanced simulation technique.
- Working with our additive manufacturing and process control experts to continually develop and improve the additive manufacturing process
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in C++ programming (C++11/14/17)
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Knowledge of 3D and 2D computational geometry, linear algebra, and numerical methods
- Experience with OpenGL, graphics programming, particularly in a Windows environment
- Familiar with the Windows development stack (Windows 10, Visual Studio)
- Knowledge of version control software
- Knowledge of Python
- Work or educational experience in one of the following industries: Manufacturing, Semiconductor, Electronics, Space & Defense, Telecom, Robotics, Industrial Automation, 3D CAD, or related fields
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Interested in working for a fast-paced startup company
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.