Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a UI Software Engineer for our Burlington, MA location.
As a Software Engineer with VulcanForms, you will be responsible for developing user interfaces for our custom software applications that run our industrial Laser Powder Bed Fusion metal 3D printers.
- Developing user interfaces according to industrial recommendation to a diverse set of applications serving a wide range of skilled engineers. These users depend on custom software tools to operate the world’s most productive metal additive manufacturing systems
- Developing sophisticated user targeted interfaces to cutting-edge additive manufacturing software, allowing efficient workflow from 3D CAD models to printed parts in a collaborative team environment
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with software engineering manager and engineers
- Prepare and present rough drafts and prototypes to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, wizards, and widgets
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Design, or relevant field
- Minimum 2+ years of work experience in software development
- Experience with C# .NET Framework, Visual Studio IDE, Unit testing, OOPS concepts (or other relevant technologies/IDEs
- Basic understanding of MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Experience with OpenGL, graphics programming, particularly in a Windows environment
- Experience with web frameworks such as ASP.NET is a plus
- Knowledge of dynamic testing and unit testing principles
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
- Full Stack development – Backend dev / Frontend dev / API design
- Knowledge of Web services (WSDL, SOAP, or WCF)
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup company environment
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.