Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
As a Senior Technical Writer at VulcanForms, Devens, MA, you will work with engineering teams to develop assembly instructions, operating manuals, maintenance manuals, and technical bulletins to support large industrial-scale metal 3D printers.
- Work with engineers and technicians during machine builds to document assembly processes.
- Work with the Design Team to produce formal assembly documentation.
- Work with the Process Team to develop and document operating manuals.
- Manage documentation release/update process.
- Develop training manuals.
- 15+ years of technical writing experience
- Proficient in the use of desktop publishing tools (M.S. Office Word, Excel, Visio, Adobe, Photoshop)
- Authorized to work within the US without restrictions (U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or green card holder))
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written communications, and documentation skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- Flexible work schedule
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.