Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
As the Quality Engineer – 1st Shift at VulcanForms' Devens, MA, Production facility, you will be a hands-on engineer in a role involving metal additively manufactured parts. This position offers a significant challenge for the right candidate.
Please note that the Quality Engineer position is shift-based: the 1st shift runs from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm; the 2nd shift runs 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm; the 3rd shift runs 11:00 pm to 7:30 am.
- Develop, communicate, and implement Quality Standards
- Assist the Quality Engineering Manager in assuring the QMS conforms to the customer, internal, industry (i.e., AS9100, ISO 9001, ISO 13485), and regulatory/legal requirements by conducting audits and identifying gaps.
- Monitor and analyze quality performance for VulcanForms and its sub-tiers.
- Assure Inspecting and testing materials, equipment, processes, and products meet quality specifications.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures and Inspection Methods
- Collaborate to develop and implement quality and process controls and improvements
- Conduct internal quality audits and ensure corrective actions are timely and sufficient.
- Assure that calibration methods meet customer requirements and industry standards.
- Ensure that workflows, processes, and products comply with safety regulations.
- Investigate and troubleshoot product or production issues.
- Lead the inspection of manufactured parts, issue non-conformance reports, and facilitate the disposition of MRB hardware and corrective action tasks.
- BS degree in engineering or a related field or work equivalent
- Five years of experience working in a Quality Assurance/Quality Control capacity
- 7+ years of experience in Part Layouts along with Drawing Interpretation expertise
- First Article Inspection and inspection method sheet creation
- Sampling Plan expertise
- Ability to complete simple calibrations
- Knowledge in setting up and establishing an inspection area
- Ability to run CMMs and visual inspection devices
- Expert knowledge of IS0 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- Experience working with Medical Device Quality (ISO 13485:2016 and 21CFR 820s) or Aviation Quality AS9100
- Knowledge of GMP, FDA QSR, and MedAccred requirements
- Root Cause Analysis, Data analysis, and Statistical Process Control
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and management skills
- Ability to lead and educate a diverse team of technologists
- Cognizant of Quality trends and international regulatory compliance standards, including MDD 93/42/EEC, ISO 13485, and other applicable global requirements.
- Experience in aerospace, defense, or medical device manufacturing.
- Experience working in ITAR/EAR compliant organization
- Experience with Metal Laser Powder Bed Fusion.
- Project management experience
- CMM programming
- Quality control certification (ASQC etc.)
- Strong sense of ownership
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment.
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.