Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Materials Engineering Lab at VulcanForms is growing and looking for a Metallographic Technician for their Burlington, MA R&D Tech Center. You will learn how to prepare metallic samples for engineering evaluation and part process qualification in this entry-level role. Our Materials Team will train you in metallurgical sample preparation and analysis, including cutting, mounting, polishing, and etching samples. You will interact with Materials Engineers and Scientists, explain findings, and provide documented results using digital camera instrumented microscopes. This position will be working within a manufacturing plant setting, including exposure to moving mechanical parts and chemicals, including acids, bases, and solvents. This position involves standing, sitting, manual dexterity, and climbing stairs and ladders.
This position is an exciting and challenging, hands-on role that requires attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to follow complex instructions and laboratory procedures. The growth potential for the right candidate is significant.
- Perform routine metallurgical analysis and reporting.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing some of the duties for this role.
- Minimally a High School Diploma/GED, BS in materials, science, engineering, or work equivalent.
- Working in a metallographic, engineering, scientific laboratory, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in trades, operating machinery
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions (U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or green card holder))
- Experience handling acids and chemicals
- Familiarity with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excited about working in a vibrant, busy industrial laboratory.
- Enjoy working within a team.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- Flexible work schedule
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.