Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a Metallographic Technician for our Burlington, MA location.
As the Metallographic Technician at VulcanForms, Burlington, MA, you will prepare metallic samples for engineering evaluation and part process qualification. You will perform all critical processes of metallography and provide documented results to multiple teams such as Materials and Process Engineering. You will be working in an industrial setting, where moving mechanical parts and chemicals, including acids, is expected. The right candidate will demonstrate a high regard for safety protocols.
The Metallographic Technician role is an exciting and challenging hands-on position. It requires manual dexterity, good visualization of 3D objects, great attention to detail, and solid organizational skills. While experience in metallography is preferred, VulcanForms will provide the required training to suitable candidates regardless of background. The growth potential for the right candidate is significant.
- Comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures
- Comply with all safety protocols and actively foster a safe work environment
- Perform routine metallographic preparations, including sectioning, grinding, polishing, etching, and imaging samples for analysis and reporting
- Organize and maintain lab equipment, supplies, and space through preventative maintenance, inspections, and cleaning
- Directly interact with members of the Engineering team to provide results and lab support for varied projects.
- Minimally a High School Diploma or GED in a field of Science, Engineering, or Manufacturing, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in a laboratory
- Experience in Metallography, Metallurgy or Material Sciences
- Proficient in M.S. Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Quick to learn and capable of handling changes
- Knowledge and experience with safe chemical storage and handling
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.