VulcanForms is looking for a Market Development Specialist to accelerate its commercialization efforts. In this role, you will be responsible for gaining a deep understanding of the overall metal Additive Manufacturing (AM) space, including the production opportunities within the industry. You will work closely with our Sales and Product Engineering teams to evaluate several end-use markets and applications. You will dive deep into pricing strategies (particularly based on the total cost of ownership approach), supply chain, customer segmentation, business model, barriers to entry, ideal go to market strategy and lead customer outreach for some of these applications and market segments. The goal is to identify markets and applications that are the right fit for the company to fill-out manufacturing capacity with high value products.
You will also conduct voice of customer, value chain, and SWOT analysis to drive go-to-market strategy and be diligent towards staying current on the state of the market, customers and competitors. It will also be important for you to analyze the Value Chain in each market segment to identify critical stakeholders and identify the impact of our products/services on these stakeholders.
You will have regular interactions with company executives who will count on your analysis and recommendations to make important commercial decisions. This role offers you an opportunity to join a fast-growing team that has developed the benchmark technology for metal AM. You will have a significant opportunity for growth within the company.
- 3-5 years of experience in market research or similar roles
- Experience in metal additive manufacturing
- Ability to dissect markets
- Experience collecting, interpreting, and organizing data
- Passionate about using data to drive insights
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and strategic thinking ability
- Collaborative team player adaptive to changing needs
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask well
- Attention to details and a commitment to accuracy
- Expert in MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint