Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
As a Manufacturing Specialist – Level 2 (Machine Operator) - Weekend Day Shift at VulcanForms, Devens, MA, you will be responsible for setting up, operating, and verifying industrial machine tools. Types of machinery include vacuum furnaces, ultrasonic cleaning systems, media blast systems, EDM, and CNC mills. Individuals should be self-motivated, accurate, thorough, and willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
Individuals will be working in a state-of-the-art clean, climate-controlled environment. Duties also include general maintenance, cleaning, organization of supplies, inventory control, and ERP system documentation. Machine-specific training provided. Weekend Day Shift runs Friday, Saturday, and Sunday days, from 7:00 am – 7:30 pm.
- Controls and monitors industrial equipment by following procedures and production work orders and work instructions
- Prepares work for processing, loads and unloads fixtures, and baskets
- Able to inspect, measure, and document features as indicated.
- Manually transfers productive material to inter-department operations.
- Bring any process changes to the supervisor's attention.
- Promote safety and good housekeeping practices.
- Resolve discrepancies between documentation, records, or counts, and follow up with employees, suppliers, or customers as needed.
- Participate in company-sponsored cross-functional continuous improvement teams.
- Perform general housekeeping tasks, including 5S implementation.
- Perform general maintenance tasks as needed.
- Assist and support the Production team as required and any other tasks assigned by management.
- Adhere to and enforce the company's health & safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and enforce the company's quality policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED with 3-5 years of heavy manufacturing experience.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Physically capable of performing the essential duties of the job and able to lift up to 60 lbs
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to complete training as a forklift operator
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, and files
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Associate Degree or higher
- Some knowledge of Import/Export Compliance, Customs documentation, ITAR, Incoterms, (Commercial Invoices, Shipper Export Declaration)
- Some knowledge of 5S
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.