Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to lead our Engineering Team in Devens, MA, and apply their expertise and knowledge to develop, implement, and maintain processes in manufacturing parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies. You will also be responsible for estimating manufacturing costs, determining time standards, and making recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
You will lead the strategic direction and initiatives that identify cost reduction and yield improvement opportunities. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all aspects of manufacturing operations, health and safety regulations, and developing their team to achieve the highest standards while fostering a culture of working safely.
- Responsible for direct management of all Manufacturing Engineers, Process Engineers, and Industrial Engineers.
- Direct team resources and new employee recruiting.
- Arrange resources to meet new product and production customer service needs.
- Plan, organize, and implement training on manufacturing systems and procedures.
- Develop goals and metrics of the manufacturing engineering team directly related to production unit support.
- Promote data-driven root cause and corrective action tool usage to support the module business goals & objectives.
- Responsible for all capital investments, technology insertion, material handling automation, and tooling to support productivity improvements and capacity for future programs.
- Drive product cost reduction and ensure targets are achieved through process improvements and deployment of new technologies.
- Assist subcontractors in resolving manufacturing and quality-related issues.
- Assist customers in resolving product issues, including line downs, repairs, non-conformances, corrective, and preventative actions.
- Sets overall group goals and priorities and evaluates subordinate's performance based on those goals/priorities.
- Drive overall plant strategy, including visions for the team, plant metrics, and building a supportive and inclusive manufacturing team environment.
- Drive a cohesive and collaborative manufacturing strategy, building cross-functional partnerships between plant stakeholders.
- Ensure the safety of all associates by identifying safety issues and taking measures to proactively address concerns and adhere to the safety policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree, 10+ years of manufacturing or engineering experience, and 5 years minimum in a management role
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations
- Ability to develop and implement qualified processes using applicable systems (process failure mode and effect analysis, fault tree analysis, process validation, process planning tools, design of experiments)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Authorized to work within the US without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or green card holder))
- The ability to develop and insert new technologies into the manufacturing process.
- Willingness to implement and drive lean manufacturing techniques.
- The ability to multi-task and adapt to changing business requirements.
- Practical interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment.
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.