Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
As the Maintenance Team Lead – 1st Shift at VulcanForms Inc., you will plan and schedule daily and weekly maintenance activities within the Maintenance Department at our Devens, MA facility. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all aspects of the maintenance process, health and safety regulations, and managing the maintenance budget. You will have a solid understanding of hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical systems focused on meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI's). These KPIs are safety, quality, production, maintenance, efficiency, and services that ensure the company facilities are well-cared for and adequately support its business operations.
- Ensure all associates' safety by identifying safety issues, proactively addressing concerns, and adhering to safety policies and procedures.
- Actively supervise and develop the maintenance team to ensure effective communication across and between shifts and production teams.
- Effectively use training resources to maximize team technical skills.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive preventive maintenance program to improve machinery performance (i.e., uptime, reliability, and efficiency).
- Coordinate with maintenance planners and the production department to build a weekly proactive maintenance schedule with detailed job plans.
- Efficient use of reliable troubleshooting methods to ensure uptime, production volume, and quality goals are met.
- Track expenses and oversee the budget for maintenance.
- Manage the team responsible for installing, maintaining, and improving machinery, equipment, and facilities.
- Assist in plant and facility capital improvement projects and installations.
- Responsible for employee onboarding, coaching/counseling, development, discipline, performance appraisals, and administration of policies.
- Ensure that maintenance areas and facilities are kept clean and organized.
- Execution of maintenance work and supervision of outside vendors to ensure duties are effectively performed.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Minimum 5 years in a maintenance management role
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications, and schematics
- Experience with ERP and other Maintenance planning tools, Epicor ERP preferred.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making skills
- Team player with effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.