Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a Maintenance Mechanic – 3rd Shift for our Devens, MA Production Facility.
As a Maintenance Mechanic – 3rd Shift at VulcanForms, your main objective will be to maintain productive and support equipment for the world's most advanced metal Additive Manufacturing (AM) systems. You will work with our hardware, software, and controls engineers to install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair mechanical machine systems.
This role is a hands-on job requiring familiarity with precise hardware assembly techniques, advanced preventative and predictive maintenance techniques, setting up test equipment, troubleshooting, and monitoring devices. The tasks to perform are technically challenging and will test your attention to detail and precision.
Please note that the Maintenance Mechanic position is shift-based: the 1st shift runs from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm; the 2nd shift runs 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm; the 3rd shift runs 11:00 pm to 7:30 am.
- Support uptime, yield, and availability of the printers and assist the engineering team with new projects.
- Assist the manufacturing teams' daily operations, develop the necessary safety and work procedures, develop assembly methods, maintain order and inventory.
- Work with a cross-disciplinary team to further improve our AM system design and performance. Participate in and provide first-hand feedback on system design and integration.
- Associates degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, or related technical disciplines, or work equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical maintenance or related field
- Working knowledge of U.S. electrical safety standards
- Working knowledge in pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanics, process cooling systems, ventilation, and machine design
- Experience using standard test/measurement/diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with precision electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Experience with a wide variety of sensors and actuators and the ability to select/recommend the best for a particular application
- Experience with multi-axis machining systems, furnaces, ultrasonic cleaning systems, and media blast systems
- Experience with testing software is a plus.
- Enthusiastic about learning new things and proactive about improving the work environment.
- Strong sense of ownership
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment.
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.