Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
As the Maintenance – Electrical Technician – 1st Shift at VulcanForms, Devens, MA, you will perform daily and weekly electrical maintenance of industrial metal additive printers and support equipment within the production facility. This role is a very hands-on job requiring familiarity with industrial manufacturing systems. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in electrical maintenance and health and safety.
- Support uptime, yield, and availability of the industrial metal additive manufacturing printers
- Support of all industrial support equipment.
- Assist the engineering team with new projects.
- Work with a cross-disciplinary team to further improve our AM system design and performance. Participate in and provide first-hand feedback on system design, integration, and maintenance.
- Observe and support EHS guidelines.
- Adhere to schedules.
- Associates degree in mechatronics, electrical engineering, electronics, related technical disciplines, or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of US electrical safety standards, including NFPA 70 / 70E, NFPA 79, and or IEC 60204-1.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately size and select electrical power distribution components, including wire and cable, commonly found in machine control systems
- Extensive experience with electrical/electronic troubleshooting techniques, including panel assembly, wiring, termination, crimping, soldering, grounding/bonding techniques, ESD protection, etc. Experience should include analog and digital circuitry up to 50 VDC and power circuitry up to 3-phase 480 VAC.
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Experience interpreting, modifying, maintaining, and following electrical schematics required to assemble and troubleshoot all electrical and control systems.
- Experience with a wide variety of sensors and actuators.
- Experience with wiring, commissioning, and troubleshooting PLC-based control systems (preferably B&R, Beckhoff, Siemens), including control networks and distributed I/O, stepper and servo motion controllers, VFDs, and safety systems.
- Experience using standard test/measurement/diagnostic equipment, including multimeters, current probes, oscilloscopes, and other data collection/logging equipment.
- Experience with precision electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Experience with testing software is a plus.
- Enthusiastic about learning new things and proactive about improving the work environment.
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.