Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is seeking a Machine Technician to join their Hardware Team in Devens, Massachusetts. A unique opportunity to assemble industrial-scale metal additive manufacturing (AM) machines. Be part of the team that launches the world's most productive additive manufacturing systems.
Responsibilities include mechanical assembly, electrical panel wiring, field wiring, troubleshooting, and machine integration of industrial automated equipment. This job operates in an assembly shop floor environment. In this capacity, employees may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and loud environments.
- Assemble equipment.
- Interface with project team (i.e., Chief Engineer, Project Manager, Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineer, Assemblers).
- Troubleshoot and debug (i.e., diagnoses trouble or defects, determine corrective action, and repair system).
- Provide status updates to management on assigned projects.
- Comply with the company's safety procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with some college or technical school coursework
- Minimum of 2 years of job-related experience, preferably in a machine-building department, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Applicant must be authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions (U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or green card holder)).
- Associates degree in automation or a related technical field from an accredited institution preferred
- 2+ years of experience building automated equipment
- Ability to read/understand mechanical drawings and schematics
- High precision, close tolerance proficiency
- Ability to use all hand tools
- Familiarity with machine shop equipment (e.g., mill machine, drill press, lathe, etc.)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in mechanical systems
- Aware of design tools and techniques
- Proficient in standard and metric systems
- Proficient in M.S. Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and general computer literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Innovative problem solver
- Focused and attentive to detail Must be a self-starter, team player, work well with others, and have a positive can-do attitude.
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.