Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a Helpdesk Administrator for Burlington and Devens, MA locations.
VulcanForms Inc. is seeking a Helpdesk Administrator to join our expanding Information Technology team to help with both locations in Burlington and Devens, MA.
At VulcanForms as a Helpdesk Administrator, you will be responsible for helpdesk requests, installation, management, security, and maintenance of our corporate office's software, hardware, and networks systems in Burlington and our manufacturing facility in Devens.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with various interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Manage help desk and support services and respond to escalated help desk issues
- Configure laptops/desktops and new hire accounts
- Assist IT-related efforts for implementation of compliance, quality, and resource planning systems
- Responsible for analysis, selection, and modification of enterprise systems, application software, installation of network hardware and software, and database management
- Ensure IT infrastructure architecture standards maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility
- Leverage Best Practices to drive continuous improvement to the IT systems
- Assist with internal audit programs, penetration testing, and drive non-conformance issues to conclusion
- Minimum 1+ years of work experience as a Helpdesk Administrator
- Experience supporting both Windows and Linux operating systems configuration and management.
- Experience with Windows 10 & 11
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with NAS technologies: configuration, permissions, protocols, sync, and backup
- Experience with Backup and Disaster Recovery technologies
- Experience with Network and Wi-Fi technologies, security, and configuration
- Experience with Microsoft365
- Available for after-hours support when required
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or relevant field
- Ability to successfully manage many issues/projects at multiple sites simultaneously
- Proven track record in IT Infrastructure administration and maintenance
- Knowledge of client/server environments, Group Policies, Domain Services, protocols, and networking
- Familiarity with configuring Palo Alto, Cisco/Meraki, and HPE/Aruba
- Familiarity with layer 2/3 network switches, DNS, VPN, VLANs, network security, and firewalls
- Familiarity with hyperconverged infrastructures, Private Cloud, and Public Cloud
- Familiarity with Nutanix, VMWare, KVM, AWS, and Azure is a plus
- Familiarity with configuration and implementation of VoIP technologies
- Experience working with manufacturing, aerospace, defense, and medical devices industries is a plus.
- Familiarity with NIST Risk Management Framework, other computer security publications, and implementing system security controls, following DFARS 252.204-7012, and or NIST SP 800-171 cyber security compliance standards is a plus.
- Strong sense of ownership
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.