Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is currently seeking a Head of Human Resources. This role reports directly to the Co-founder & CEO of the Company and will be responsible for championing the HR organization development from the ground up. The incumbent will be responsible for designing and deploying HR programs and strategies focused on organizational effectiveness, talent acquisition and retention, performance management, and employee engagement to drive our strategic roadmap and results to support our expected growth strategies. This position will be based in Devens, MA.
- Build strong organizational relationships and a comprehensive understanding of VulcanForms culture, as well as our organizational strategy and objectives
- Develop a robust HR Roadmap and strategy that is people-centric and aligned with our Company strategy
- Build the critical fundamentals of HR – policies, processes, and HRIS capability to fulfill HR compliance requirements
- Design and deploy HR strategies and programs that optimize culture and organization effectiveness
- Drive organization growth by implementing a highly effective recruiting and onboarding process
- Partner with leaders to ensure we have the optimal organizational structure to achieve business growth and results
- Ensure organizational compliance with all Federal and State laws
- Member of the executive leadership team providing transformational leadership that is responsible for championing an employee-oriented culture of high performance, ownership and engagement
- Offer candid input to the leadership decision-making process providing insight from the perspective of the HR discipline, as well as from a general business perspective
- Develop and execute talent and organizational effectiveness agenda that enables the achievement of the company's initiatives to hire and retain the best talent and support our growth strategy
- Build strong relationships and connections with leadership and employees by being credible, trustworthy, approachable, proactive, and action-oriented
- Influence and drive change with leaders across an agile startup organization, aligning the people strategy with business goals and growth
- Empower leadership accountability to engage, develop and retain key talent
- Oversee and ensure Total Rewards programs are comprehensive, competitive, and align with business goals.
- Be a strong employee advocate promoting engagement, transparency, and interactive communication.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and training to all levels of management around leadership, hiring and interviewing, talent and succession planning, and performance management to ensure quality strategies and programs for process optimization within the organization.
- Be a trusted business partner and ensure a close partnership with the leadership team to manage through ambiguous situations to resolve employee relations issues by providing sound and consistent counsel.
- Monitor and interpret HR and industry trends, best practices, as well as regulatory and employment law changes
- May be assigned additional tasks outside the listed job duties described but within the scope of qualifications.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or a related field. Master's degree preferred
- 15+ years of progressive responsibility in Human Resources, preferably with 5+ years as a senior HR professional in a small company or startup environment and a minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing environment
- Experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor with the highest degree of integrity
- Demonstrated experience building an HR organization from the ground up
- Proven success in developing and deploying high-impact programs around organizational effectiveness, strategic planning, talent and performance management, employee engagement and retention, and culture stewardship
- Proven aptitude to influence and drive change with leaders across agile startup organizations, aligning the people strategy with business goals and growth
- Experience in organizational change management and rapidly growing businesses
- Understanding of Federal, State, and Local law, employment laws, regulations, and legislation to ensure compliance
- Manage within high levels of ambiguity and complexity; can anticipate future needs and upstream and downstream consequences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. independently without sponsorship
- Delivers on commitments with the highest level of integrity in all dealings
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Self-motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- The ability to be comfortable with a high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves."
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the organization to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and coaching skills with the ability to build strong relationships and work effectively with all levels and functions of the organization
- Reaches sound and timely business decisions based on facts and data, not emotions
- Ability to handle tough situations, have crucial conversations, and manage employee relations issues calmly using facts, compassion, and respect.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.
VulcanForms is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.
VulcanForms will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability provided that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so would create an undue hardship on its business.