Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a Fixed Asset Manager for our Devens, MA location.
As the Fixed Asset Manager at VulcanForms, Devens, MA, you will undertake all aspects of fixed asset management, including tracking fixed assets from inception to retirement, budget and forecasts preparation, financial planning and analysis, financial risk management, and the development of return-on-investment templates.
- Transform the overarching company strategy into a long-range plan with annual operating and capital budgets
- Monitor capital requests across the company
- Conduct extensive data reconciliation and consolidation, as well as variance analysis
- Assist accounting team with depreciation posting and tax depreciation
- Establish return on investment templates and methodology
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish monthly fixed asset reports.
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Support management in financial evaluations of in-sourcing/out-sourcing decisions
- Present Operations spending and performance against the Operating Model to senior management at quarterly business reviews
- Ad hoc requests, including supplier financial analysis, competitive financial analysis, and ROI analysis on cost down initiatives
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Advanced degree in Accounting, CPA, or CMA preferred
- 8+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience, preferably with a publicly listed company
- Proven working experience with fixed assets, preferably in a manufacturing company
- Extensive experience in financial planning and analysis
- Knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in M.S. Office Excel and PowerPoint
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, Epicor user experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think independently
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.