Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a Financial Controller for our Burlington, MA location.
As the Financial Controller at VulcanForms, Burlington, MA, you will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, financial planning and analysis, financial risk management, and the development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Transform the overarching company strategy into a long-range plan with annual operating and capital budgets
- Manage a team overseeing all accounting operations, including Billing, A/R, A/P, Payroll, G.L. and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Conduct extensive data reconciliation and consolidation, as well as variance analysis
- Use scenario and sensitivity analysis to forecast possible outcomes and using this theoretical information to create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for monitoring.
- Establish and Analyze KPIs trends, especially financial metrics such as sales, expenditures, and profit margin.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Budget consolidation and cash flow optimization
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements that comply with GAAP.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Assist with Excess and Obsolescence reviews and recommendations
- Support management in financial evaluations of in-sourcing/out-sourcing decisions
- Present Operations spending and performance against the Operating Model to senior management at quarterly business reviews
- Act as subject matter expert and power user for Epicor ERP system implementation
- Ad hoc requests, including supplier financial analysis, competitive financial analysis, and ROI analysis on cost down initiatives
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Advanced degree in Accounting, CPA, or CMA preferred
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience, preferably with a publicly listed company
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller, preferably in a manufacturing company
- Extensive experience in financial planning and analysis
- Knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in M.S. Office Excel and PowerPoint
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, Epicor user experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Experience leading a team
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think independently
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- Flexible work schedule
- 401(k) with company match and stock options