Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Specialist at VulcanForms Inc. offers a significant challenge for the right individual. This position requires travel between VulcanForms' Burlington, MA, R&D Tech Center, and VulcanForms' Production facility in Devens, MA. The job is in the Devens, MA, facility. This position also requires flexibility in working off-shifts for training personnel and observations. Please note shift-based hours: the 1st shift runs from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm; the 2nd shift runs 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm; the 3rd shift runs 11:00 pm to 7:30 am.
- Works with the Director of EH&S to develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Leads by example to establish an industry-leading culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to policies and regulations.
- Ensure everyone in the company complies with company EH&S policies and government regulations.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of work instructions and SOPs for employee usage.
- Provides input into a Continuous Improvement Plan for safety and the work environment
- Keeps abreast of industry standards, regulations, best practices, and laws applicable to safety and the work environment
- Collaborates with all employees at all levels to determine safety needs.
- Acts as Laser Safety Officer (LSO) for all permits and reporting requirements.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance to policies and regulations by inspecting employees and operations.
- Investigate incidents to discover causes and handle worker's compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities, or new prevention measures.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues, and statistics.
- Bachelor's degree in safety management or equivalent work experience
- 3 – 5 years of proven experience in an industrial setting with a majority of EH&S responsibilities
- Must have experience in industrial or academic laser systems and safety
- Understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Proven experience as a successful EH&S practitioner
- Ability to produce reports and develop relevant policies
- Ability to travel between facilities as needed (Devens, MA, and Burlington, MA)
- Ability to work off-shifts for purposes of EH&S training and observations
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Knowledge of waste streams and recovery systems
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.