Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
As the Engineering Project Manager, you will manage multiple engineering projects from concept to production in a fast-paced environment. This position will be well integrated into the engineering team and involves managing projects of varying scope and duration related to current (sustaining) and future product platforms (NPD). You will bring tools and process rigor while using your soft skills to lead the projects effectively. You will develop project plans designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed the entire way.
- Lead multiple engineering projects to help accelerate design enhancements
- Collection of project goals, requirements, and resource needs
- Development and maintenance of the project schedule, resource identification, and assignment
- Drive project execution through the utilization of an Agile or Hybrid approach
- Identification of risks and ability to develop a risk mitigation plan
- Lead regular project meetings and communicate status and plans to leadership
- BSME or higher engineering degree, or work equivalency.
- 3 to 5 years of Engineering Project Management experience working in an industrial environment involving design and development of electro-mechanical systems
- Demonstration of successful project management through multiple steps in the product development process
- Highly organized and utilization of modern project management tools.
- Highly proficient in the use of the Microsoft suite of tools, including Project.
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Project Management Professional (PMP)© Certified.
- Strong sense of ownership
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.