Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring an Electronics Technician for our Burlington, MA location.
As an Electronics Technician, you will set up, maintain and repair electronic systems and devices. You’ll test system performance, analyze and report on results. This role requires hands-on experience using various hand and power tools to calibrate and align system components and circuitry. To succeed in this position, you should also be able to comprehend and follow complex technical manuals. If you have good problem-solving skills, an eye for detail and good manual dexterity, we’d like to hear from you.
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs to industrial control systems: PLC modules, sensors, actuators, motors
- Assembly and test of electronic printed circuits boards assemblies (PCBs)
- Follow documented procedures and verbal instructions to perform assemblies, modifications, and testing in a fast-paced environment
- Perform basic operations using test equipment and industrial controllers to test and calibrate equipment
- Assemble and build cable assemblies
- Maintain and organize inventory of electronic lab supplies
- Create documentation for test results, new assemblies, inspection and repair records, and updating procedures
- Collaborate with engineers and other professionals on technical tasks
- Associates degree, apprenticeship as an electronics technician, or equivalent military training
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with PCB assemblies, PLC, motor and motion controls, sensors, instrumentation equipment for manufacturing is required
- Experience in more than one of the following areas: PCB assembly, cable assembly, electrical schematics, electronic testing, industrial controls
- Experience working with electronic test & measurement equipment such as: multimeters, oscilloscopes, micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Basic understanding of industrial pneumatics
- IPC Class 3 Certified
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Ability to redline/modify schematic drawings
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Additive Manufacturing (AM) industry experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup company environment
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.