Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring an Electronics Manufacturing Engineer for our Burlington, MA location.
As an Electronics Manufacturing Engineer at VulcanForms, your main objective will be to manage the production of electromechanical assemblies, including PCB assemblies. You will be working with internal and external resources to deliver quality products on time.
- Manage vendors for the fabrication and assembly of embedded computing PCB designs
- Manage the manufacture of electronic assemblies
- Develop manufacturing processes for electronic assemblies, create associated documentation, and train technicians to carry out these processes
- Manage changes and ECO roll out plans
- Manage issues related to component procurement and inventory management
- Establish outsourcing programs for PCB and electronic assemblies
- Provide DFM, DFT feedback to system designers for continuous product improvement
- Track bugs and feature requests for continuous product improvement
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or related technical degree with 5+ years of manufacturing experience with printed circuit boards and electronic assemblies
- Experience with PCB fabrication, assembly, and test processes
- Experience working with PCB and electromechanical assembly vendors
- System troubleshooting experience
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or green card holder))
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Experience dealing with electronic component supply chain issues
- Fundamental knowledge of root cause/corrective and preventative action
- Experience in the manufacturing of cable assemblies
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing business requirements
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Additive Manufacturing (AM) industry experience
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.