Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is seeking an Electro-Optical Technician to join our Optics team in Devens, MA. In this role, your main objective will be to build and test laser and optical systems for the world's most productive and advanced metal Additive Manufacturing (AM) systems. This opportunity is a very hands-on job requiring familiarity with precise optomechanical assembly techniques, soldering electronics, setting up test equipment, troubleshooting, and monitoring devices. The tasks assigned to this role are technically challenging and will test your attention to detail and precision.
- Assembling complex optomechanical systems and integrate their sensing, monitoring, and actuation subsystems.
- Commissioning and assembling fiber laser systems and perform fiber splicing and coupling.
- Assisting our photonics teams' daily operations, including setting up the cleanroom, developing the necessary safety and work procedures, developing assembly methods, maintaining order and inventory
- You will also work with a cross-disciplinary team to further improve our AM system design and performance.
- You will participate in and provide first-hand feedback on optical system design and integration.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 2 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience; or an AS Degree, or certification program of comparable scope
- Experience with precision optomechanical assemblies, component inspection, and or electronic or electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience with troubleshooting electronic circuits
- Experienced with optical and or electrical test equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, power meters, spectrum analyzers)
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Hands-on experience with fiber optics coupling and fiber terminating techniques (cleaving, splicing)
- Experience with the electronics assembly techniques: wiring, crimping, soldering, ESD protection
- Experience with setting up and conducting optical, electrical, temperature, data logging tests
- Experience with testing software (i.e., LabView)
- Skilled in precision assembly
- Enthusiastic about learning new things and proactive about improving the work environment
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- Flexible work schedule
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.