Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
As the Document Control Coordinator, you will have a unique opportunity to work with industrial-scale metal additive manufacturing (AM) machines. You will be part of the team that launches the world's most productive additive manufacturing system. This role requires work and travel between our Production facility in Devens, MA, and our R&D Tech Center/Headquarters in Burlington, MA.
You will primarily be responsible for managing the Windchill PDM environment, coordinating accurate bills of materials between Creo/Windchill and the company's ERP system, and coordinating the ECO/ECN process. These tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assist Engineering Document Control Manager in establishing and maintaining proper change management & document control policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Log, track, and maintain records of Engineering changes.
- Supporting product documentation efforts
- General application of engineering services type functions
Assist Engineering Document Control Manager with the following tasks:
- Log and track ECR submissions from cross-functional groups
- Review ECO submissions to ensure accuracy and completeness of package to ensure smooth approval and execution
- Work with change order originators and owners to resolve issues
- Process approved changes in ERP and Windchill database
- Send ECNs to impacted personnel
- Ensure the latest revision of product documentation is available and prior revisions archived
- Generate BOMs and drawing books for the production team
- Process and log R&D design changes as required under the direction of the Engineering Document Control Manager
- Data extraction in excel and import migration to support the rollout of new ERP system
- Support CAD administrator and supervisor with PLM data maintenance
- Support documentation requests from Purchasing, Materials, Quality, Engineering, and Support
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and company policies and procedures
- File maintenance and miscellaneous data entry as required to complete job functions
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- BS degree or equivalent work experience having 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of CAD and PLM system integration or ability to learn (Creo/Windchill/PDM Link strongly desired)
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Working knowledge of multi-level engineering BOM structures desired
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel
- Working knowledge of Best Practice policies and Lean Manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage time, and balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Practical critical and analytical thinking; able to analyze problems logically to look for solutions
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and balance several tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate effectively with teammates
- Strong sense of ownership
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the Metal Additive Manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.