Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a Data Scientist for our Burlington, MA location.
As a Data Scientist on our Data Science team at VulcanForms, you will partner with process engineers, machine designers, material scientists, simulation engineer, as well as computer vision engineer, statistician, and machine learning engineer to perform data analysis and gain insights on our AM processes. You will have a unique opportunity to push the frontier of digital additive manufacturing.
- Prepare, analyze, and model a variety of data including machine sensor measurements, design parameters, in situ monitoring data, and inspection data to provide insights for engineering teams
- Model the relationship between the AM process and quality of manufactured parts., in collaboration with simulation and process engineers
- Work with ML engineers to develop and deploy process monitoring analytics for our AM manufacturing process
- Perform data analysis on factory operation data and other business data to provide insights.
- Organize and communicate data analysis result to key stake holders
- Master of Science degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, or related field, or Bachelor of Science degree in relevant field with 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Coding knowledge and experience with common programming languages for data mining and modelling (e.g., R, Python) and the corresponding libraries and frameworks to implement state-of-the-art data-driven solutions (i.e., Statsmodels, Scikit-learn, Pytorch, Tidyverse, etc.)
- Proficient in Python or R, and their data science stack (i.e., Tidy-verse, Statsmodels, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib, Altair, ggplot, Pytorch)
- Knowledge of a variety of statistical and, machine learning techniques to solve regression and classification problems and their most appropriate application based on data type and contextual information
- Experience in data analysis: data wrangling, statistical visualization, model building, and report writing
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- MS or PhD in relevant field
- Strong math skills (i.e., algebra, statistics, algorithms)
- Knowledge in one or more of the following topics: signal processing, optimization, simulation, Bayesian inference
- Knowledge of deep learning.
- Experience in applying analytics to machine data.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to present complex analytics to stakeholders and customers
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup company environment
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.