Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a Data Engineer for our Burlington, MA, Headquarters, and R&D Tech Center.
As a Data Engineer at VulcanForms, Burlington, MA, your tasks are improving and maintaining the data quality in VulcanForms' data store and pipelines to enable large-scale continuous model learning. You will be working with a database architect and machine learning engineer to solve the challenges in managing multi-modality data. This effort includes working with image, video, and other sensor data generated at the rate of hundred / thousand GBs per minute and pushing the frontier of Digital Additive Manufacturing.
Your goal will be to ensure the quality and availability of ingested data. You will be responsible for monitoring data quality and performing data cleaning and transformation. You will develop code to automate the above steps. You should be experienced with Python and SQL programming language and be comfortable managing data tables in the SQL database and working with images/videos in file storage and web APIs.
Our projects will often require creative approaches, and you will need to identify the most suitable solution. Our ideal applicant will be self-motivated, dynamic, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals. We are looking for someone eager to learn modern data management methods continuously, excited about taking on new challenges in the digital manufacturing space, and working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Develop and implement code to monitor data quality perform data extraction, cleaning, and transformation.
- Monitor and improve data pipelines.
- Perform data cleaning and management tasks to assist data analysis and machine learning projects.
- Work under the guidance of database architects to perform database maintenance tasks.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders to identify weaknesses in our data generation and data ingestion process and corresponding solutions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or relevant field with 2+ years of hands-on experience as a data engineer or similar positions
- Proficient in Python and SQL
- Knowledge in database management
- Knowledge of basic SQL Server database administration, Availability Group, Failover Clustering, Security provisioning
- Experienced in working with image data
- Knowledge in Docker containers and micro-service
- Knowledge in OPC United Architecture (OPC UA) and experience in setting up data ingestion on the edge
- Experience in managing datasets for machine learning
- Manufacturing Industry experience
- Attention to detail and a strong desire to take work from concept to completion
- Self-directed, self-organized, proactive, and comfortable working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary work environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup company environment
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.