Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a Continuous Improvement Manager for our Devens, MA location.
The Continuous Improvement Manager will assess, monitor, and enhance business performance for our organization. In this role, you will analyze current practices, develop business process improvements, and implement changes in workflows, structures, and teams to ensure continuous company performance. This position will require travel between VulcanForms Inc. Headquarters R&D Tech Center located in Burlington, MA, and VulcanForms Inc. Production Facility located in Devens, MA.
To ensure success as a Continuous Improvement Manager, you should be a skilled communicator and be adept at business analysis and project implementation. An exceptional Continuous Improvement Manager will understand the latest management methodologies and embody top leadership principles and styles in their management duties. The continuous improvement manager shall lead and implement lean manufacturing concepts.
- Analyzing company processes and procedures.
- Developing process enhancement strategies.
- Investigating shortfalls, issues, and complaints in current business processes.
- Establishing norms and standards of company performance.
- Monitoring staff performance and organizational processes.
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to enhance productivity and staff satisfaction.
- Communicating ideas and opinions to other members of management.
- Managing staff cohorts and teams of various sizes.
- Training, mentoring, and guiding team members in new processes.
- Staying up to date with developments in management and process optimization and lean manufacturing.
- Skilled in the establishment and enhancement of a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Lead and facilitate LEAN/process improvement-based workshops to drive ideas and solutions.
- identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system
- Assist in the development and implementation of a "best-in-class" continuous improvement strategy.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Process Management, Engineering, or Operations
- Lean Manufacturing implementation.
- Five years of experience in process optimization, operations, or business management
- Ability to identify weak points in processes and organizational structures
- A strategic and analytical mindset.
- An excellent communicator with excellent presentation skills
- A thorough understanding of the latest process enhancement strategies
- Dynamic thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Confidence in your abilities to lead organizational change
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Project, Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- A project manager who takes accountability for ideas from inception to delivery in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success
- Preferred requirements are knowledge of statistical analysis software.
- Green Belt or Black Belt Certification.
- Experience with the Additive Manufacturing Process
- ASQ Quality Engineer Certification
- ASQ Quality Auditor Certification
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.