Born out of MIT, VulcanForms Inc. is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a Computer Vision Engineer for our Burlington, MA location.
As a Computer Engineer at VulcanForms, your main objective will be to design and enable vision systems and develop vision-enabled intelligence for our state-of-art additive manufacturing (AM) processes.
This role's main objective will be the AM process's automation and industrialization by designing and implementing in-situ sensing and vision-based inspection tools. You will explore, identify, and implement the right software tools and machine learning algorithms for process control and inspection.
You will be working with a cross-disciplinary team to continuously improve our AM processes to provide our customers with superior parts that meet qualification criteria.
- Developing computer vision-based inspection tools for industrial Laser Powder-Bed Fusion Systems
- Designing and deploying computer vision software solutions for efficient in-situ and post-situ defect detection, quality assurance, and data-driven process modeling
- Implementing the software tools and machine learning algorithms for process control and inspection
- Working with process engineers, material scientists to conduct image/video analysis to make data-based decisions.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or related field with 2+ years of relevant work experience, or MS degree Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or related field
- Experience developing and implementing computer vision and image processing solutions for real-world applications
- Solid knowledge in the fundamentals of computer vision and image processing
- Proficient in Python and or C++'s Computer Vision stack.
- Knowledge of at least one deep learning framework such as Pytorch or TensorFlow
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Robotics, or related field
- In-depth knowledge of modern deep learning techniques and statistical learning methods
- Experience with Additive Manufacturing methods like Powder Bed Fusion (PBF) or Directed Energy Deposition (DED), or Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup company environment
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- 401(k) with company match and stock options