Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
As a contracted CAD Designer / Drafter at VulcanForms, Devens, MA, you will be responsible for generating details, part, and assembly prints to document the design and build of sizeable industrial-scale metal 3D printers. This is a contract position.
- Generate 2D detailed Drawings for production parts. Generate assembly Drawings.
- Manage BOM's both in drawings and coordination with the Doc control ECO staff.
- Assist Engineering in the production of service and operating manuals where applicable.
- Familiar with ECN/ECO process flows in Windchill and ERP.
- Able to manage Windchill workspaces to incorporate new ECO's.
- Familiar with import/exporting non-Creo CAD files.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience with 2+ years of design/drafting CAD experience
- High level of proficiency in latest releases of CREO and Windchill
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Team player with excellent communication skills, a self-starter with a minimal level of support
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals