Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
As the CAD Administrator and Design/Drafter at VulcanForms, Devens, MA, you will provide a vital component of the product lifecycle management. This position will support engineering by creating assembly drawings, standard drawings, and models. The candidate will work with a team of Engineers, PMs, Designers, and Administrative staff.
- Provide system management, support, and enhancement of existing PDM/PLM, CAD, and engineering business applications.
- Provide oversight on the development and maintenance of CAD Master Models.
- Enforce and control the use of the Engineering bill of material (BOM) on designs.
- Assist with system documentation, procedures, work instructions, and end-user training materials.
- Conduct periodic training to new and existing personnel.
- Provide technical support for the CAD & PLM user base.
- Interface with CAD & PLM software supplier Technical Support.
- Perform or assist with CAD & PLM application upgrades, testing, and evaluations.
- Drive the use of CAD/PLM Best Practices and Standards across the Engineering team.
- Provide feedback to management and other internal departments on product usage problem areas.
- Adhere to schedules.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or related discipline
- 5 or more years related experience in CREO and Windchill CAD Administration and design and or drafting background
- Knowledge in the following areas: Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Product Data Management (PDM), Computer-Aided Design (CAD), and Bill of Material (BOM) Management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Product Lifecycle experience in Windchill.
- Working knowledge of CREO 3D CAD system operation and administration
- Experience with PTC Windchill PLM system implementation and administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of Engineering Change Control (Change Request/Notice)
- Experience with CAD and PLM license management, installation, and administration.
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Experience with analyzing and documenting business and system processes.
- Ability to take charge and lead tasks to completion
- Ability to work in a cross-functional organization
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong mechanical/electrical knowledge of industrial machines and related systems
- Strong sense of ownership
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.