Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
As the Business Development Manager (Medical) at VulcanForms, Burlington, MA, you will proactively drive program development and the sale of VulcanForms Inc. manufacturing solutions into medical, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical applications at significant accounts. This activity involves strategic coordination with the assigned Product and applications, providing pre-and post-sales support, including product selections and development based on the customer's application needs.
The Business Development Manager must articulate VulcanForms' technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The Business Development Manager is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with sales management and operations as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products.
This position is a proper hunter role, and the candidate expects that they will prospect, develop, and close their monthly targets having direct account responsibility.
- Ability to develop an account strategy with a set of target customers aligned with VulcanForms strengths and potential. Set a course of action, and arrange activities to support it, assisting VulcanForms' growth in this new market segment.
- Develop action plans for target accounts and maintenance activities to support VulcanForms' growth within the market segment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key industry customers and participate in trade associations and industry events to develop a thorough knowledge of segment drivers and customer needs.
- Identify technical requirements and issues at target accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all sales process stages.
- Capture technical requirements and architecture of a customer's system and liaison to the applications, process, and operations teams.
- Analyze and report out market, competitive, and application trends new workflow opportunities for the business
- Identify solution opportunities based on customer VOCs and market research.
- At least ten years of experience selling in the medical implant and instrumentation manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of the Medical, Biotechnology, and pharmaceutical industries, key customers, and their applications are essential for success; existing relationships are crucial for critical customers targeted for penetration and the ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record of selling and or program development.
- Created creative Go-to-Market approaches attracting external and internal Customer attention
- Ability to grasp the technical value proposition and to work with the customer to discover how this value proposition can help the customer to create business value and solve critical business problems
- Demonstrate sales knowledge in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Technical leadership: capable of combining industry trends and customer requirements with available and future technologies to recommend and suggest new products for equipment and systems
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or need of sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Familiarity with the manufacturing domain
- Familiarity with digital manufactory products
- Completed professional Sales Training
- Self-starter who can work in a distributed organization.
- Product management experience
- Familiarity with cloud services
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.