The Materials Engineering Lab at VulcanForms is growing and looking for a Metallographic Technician. In this entry level role, you will learn how to prepare metallic samples for engineering evaluation and part process qualification. You will be trained in all aspects of metallurgical sample preparation and analysis including cutting, mounting, polishing and etching of samples. You will interact with Materials Engineers and Scientist, explain findings and provide documented results using digital camera instrumented microscopes.
This is an exciting and challenging, hands-on role that requires attention to details, organizational skills, and the ability to follow complex instructions and laboratory procedures. The growth potential for the right candidate is significant.
- Perform routine metallurgical analysis and reporting.
- Familiarity with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word is expected.
- Excited about working in a vibrant, busy industrial laboratory.
- Enjoy working within a team.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Work is in a manufacturing plant setting which may include exposure to moving mechanical parts and chemicals including acids, bases and solvents.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing some of the duties for this role.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA (US Person).
- High School Diploma/GED
- Working in a metallographic, engineering or scientific laboratories
- Experience handling acids and chemicals
- Experience working in trades, operating machinery
- College Degree