As a VulcanForms, Inc. Software Engineer, you will play a key role in developing software tools and architecture for the world’s most productive metal additive manufacturing systems. This role will contribute to a software team developing cutting-edge additive manufacturing software, allowing efficient workflow from 3D CAD models to printed parts.
As part of our software engineering team, you will work with our additive manufacturing and process control experts to continually develop and improve the additive manufacturing process. You will work to implement optimized algorithms in high-speed data handling, extensive data set generation and manipulation, and interpreting technical documents for an advanced simulation technique. The software you will create will be used in the collection and analysis of process data.
- Ready to become a fundamental element of the success of a company working on the cutting edge of the 3D metal Additive Manufacturing industry
- Self-motivated with a great sense of ownership, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or [Mathematics, Robotics] and a Minor in Computer Science.
- A competent background in C++ (C++11/14/17), knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Familiar with the Windows development stack (Windows 10, Visual Studio).
- Experience with version control software.
- Excellent object-oriented programming and design abilities.
- Experience working with team members having diverse expertise and backgrounds.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Use of theoretical knowledge in real-life problems and applications.
- Knowledge of 3D and 2D computational geometry and linear algebra.
- Experience with OpenGL, graphics programming, particularly in a Windows environment.
- Understanding, use, and design of database technologies.