Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable, industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world’s most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We are continuously seeking contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, hunger, accountability, and a passion for learning.
VulcanForms is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our software engineering team at our Burlington, MA facility. As Software Engineer, you will be a be a key contributor to the success of a company working on the cutting edge of the 3D metal Additive Manufacturing industry.
- Developing C++ software tools and architecture for the world’s most productive metal additive manufacturing systems.
- Developing cutting-edge additive manufacturing software, allowing efficient workflow from 3D CAD models to printed parts in a collaborative team environment.
- Implementing optimized algorithms in C++ creating high-speed data handling, extensive data set generation and manipulation, and interpreting technical documents for an advanced simulation technique.
- Working with our additive manufacturing and process control experts to continually develop and improve the additive manufacturing process.
- MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field with 2+ years of relevant work experience; or BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field with 6+ years of relevant
- Strong demonstrated experience in C++ programming (C++11/14/17)
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
- Knowledge of 3D and 2D computational geometry, linear algebra, and numerical methods
- Experience with OpenGL, graphics programming, particularly in a Windows environment
- Familiar with the Windows development stack (Windows 10, Visual Studio)
- Experience with version control software
- Work experience in one of the following industries: Manufacturing, Semiconductor, Electronics, Space & Defense, Telecom, Robotics, Industrial Automation, 3D CAD, or related fields
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup company environment