As a Senior Mechanical Engineer your main objective will be to design mechanical system components and subsystems for an industrial-scale metal additive manufacturing machine. You will work with a cross-disciplinary team to define system requirements and specifications for the world’s most productive additive manufacturing system. Your design tasks will include development and implementation of precision electro-mechanical multi-axis actuation systems, temperature and pressure-controlled process environments, production automation systems and other subsystems.
You will verify the design using analytic tools and numerical simulation. You will optimize part design and generate technical drawings for manufacturing. You will generate and maintain documentation of designed parts and systems. Additional tasks include overseeing and coordinating work of vendors and suppliers of subsystems. You will also actively participate in system integration and the machine build and commissioning.
- Excited about taking new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- 5+ years of experience with design of industrial production machinery and applications
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering or relevant field
- Experience designing machined parts
- Experience integrating large systems, working knowledge of electro-mechanical actuation systems and sensors
- Experience with design and/or operating additive manufacturing systems and powder handling systems is a plus
- Proficiency in using at least one CAD systems (preferred Creo) and PDM system
- Working knowledge of simulation tools (I.e. ANSYS) and ability to analyze simulation results
- Team player with great communication skills