As a Senior Controls Engineer your main objective will be to develop and implement automation and controls software for industrial-scale metal additive manufacturing machines. You will develop motion controls for a novel multi-axis system architecture and oversee its commissioning. You will integrate subsystems including the motion hardware, drive and control electronics, sensors, machine vison and safety systems. You will be responsible for implementing machine data transfer and collection systems.
You will help defining development and production milestones and be a crucial part in our effort to develop controls for the world’s most productive additive manufacturing system. You will work with our multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists to integrate the requirements and physics of the process into the design and optimization of the controls system.
Additional tasks include overseeing and coordinating work of vendors and suppliers of automation subsystems.
- Excited about taking new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, dynamic, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals.
- 5+ years of experience with automation and controls of industrial production machinery and applications
- In depth knowledge of one or more of following machine automation and control platforms is a must: B&R (preferred), Siemens, Beckhoff, Bosch Rexroth
- BS or MS in electrical, mechanical engineering, robotics or relevant field
- Hands on experience with designing and commissioning motion control for industrial automation
- Familiar with instrumentation and feedback controls of position, pressure, temperature etc.
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Hands on experience with multi axis coordinated motion control and industrial robots is a plus
- Excellent programming and debugging skills in one or more general-purpose language (i.e. C++, C#, Python etc.)
- Comfortable with version control software (Git, Mercurial etc.)
- Experience with machine vision in plus
- Practical knowledge of industrial communication networks (Powerlink, EtherCAT, Profinet etc.)
- Team player with great communication skills