As a Senior Additive Manufacturing (AM) Engineer at VulcanForms, your main objective will be to design, develop, optimize, and implement high-speed powder-bed fusion for industrial applications. You will be responsible for defining and executing process development strategies and roadmaps for the world’s most productive and advanced metal AM systems. You will conduct hands-on experiments using our proprietary AM machinery and analyze its outcomes. You will collaborate with our software, controls, and materials experts to continuously improve and optimize the printing processes. The first result of your work is to provide our customers with superior parts of the highest quality that meets their specifications.
You will be working closely with both internal and external customers to identify project deliverables and goals, manage and lead the project execution, document and report project progress and results, communicate milestones and deliverables with leadership and stakeholders.
You will also work with a cross-disciplinary internal team to further improve our AM system design and performance. You will participate in and provide first-hand feedback on machine design and integration, as well as software and control development and implementation.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder only
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in laser-related process development
- Deep understanding and expertise in powder-bed fusion (PBF) or directed energy deposition (DED) is ideal for this position
- Practical knowledge of metallurgy of alloys including steel, aluminum, titanium and nickel alloys
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) and process optimization
- Familiarity with programming languages such as python and MATLAB
- Master or Ph.D. degree with a minimum of 2 years of industrial experience, or bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of industrial experience, in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science, or equivalent fields
- Excited about new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to work in a situation requiring attention to detail, coupled with a high level of multitasking and prioritization needed to meet aggressive deadlines
- Self-motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Team player with excellent communication skills