The Materials Engineering group at VulcanForms is growing and looking for a cleaning specialist with experience performing precision cleaning of additively manufactured parts fabricated by laser-based, metal powder bed fusion. You must have experience developing systems to clean geometrically complex parts to meet supplier specifications. Additionally, you will be responsible for selection, installation and commissioning of process machines such as ultrasonic cleaning, media blasting, water filtration and process waste-water treatment machines and systems. Working with our Materials and Product Engineers, you will develop part cleaning processes and inspection methods to quantify results.
This is an exciting and extremely challenging, hands-on shop floor role with complete access to laboratory facilities. The growth potential for the right candidate is significant.
- Experience developing and specifying cleaning procedures for parts fabricated by L-PBF.
- Interfacing with municipalities and water resource regulators.
- Experience handling reactive, metal powders.
- Enjoy working within a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Work is in a manufacturing plant setting which may include exposure to moving mechanical parts and chemicals including acids, bases and solvents.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing some of the duties for this role.
- We will not sponsor visas for this role. Only US Citizen or Permanent Resident will be considered.
- Previous experience working in Aerospace, Defense, Turbomachinery or Medical industries
- Engineering Degree
- 3+ years of applicable experience