As Metrology Technician at VulcanForms, Inc., you will have the unique opportunity to work with industrial-scale metal additive manufacturing (AM) machines. You will be part of the team that launches the world’s most productive additive manufacturing systems. This role is based out of Devens, MA.
The Metrology Technician will be responsible for the measurement and adjustment of machine frames in industrial-scale 3D printers. You will work closely with the mechanical engineering team to ensure that the machine’s components are within specification and properly aligned. This role is hands-on and will include measurement, alignment, and commissioning of large machine frames and gantry systems. The role will also include an incoming part inspection.
- Working knowledge of GD&T principles.
- Experience using optical metrology equipment. Preference for experience with Leica AT403 laser trackers or equivalent systems.
- Experience using ball bars to verify CNC operations and setup.
- Familiarity with assembly and manufacturing best practices.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, operating and working with high-tech production machinery – additive manufacturing, CNC machines, CMM, or similar.
- 2+ years of industrial equipment alignment/setup/metrology experience.