As a Mechanical Engineer, you will play an important role in designing, commissioning and continuously improving the world’s most productive metal additive manufacturing systems.
You will execute critical milestones in the life-cycle of our industrial-scale metal printers. This will include prototyping, designing, assembling and commissioning the hardware sub-system. You will work with a cross-disciplinary team to define system requirements and specifications, and your decisions and expertise will help define and shape the performance of our products.
Your main objective will be to design and commission highly reliable mechanical system components and subsystems for an industrial-scale, high-precision manufacturing machinery. Your design tasks will include development and implementation of precision electro-mechanical multi-axis actuation systems, temperature and pressure-controlled process environments, production automation systems and other subsystems.
You will furthermore actively participate in the system integration, machine building, commissioning, and gathering first-hand feedback on the performance of your designs.
- 2-5 years of experience with design of industrial production machinery and applications
- Experience integrating large systems, and knowledge of electro-mechanical actuation systems and sensors
- Proficiency in using at least one CAD systems (preferably Creo) and PDM system
- Working knowledge of simulation tools (I.e. ANSYS) and ability to analyze simulation results
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excited about taking new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Team player with great communication skills
- BS or higher degree in mechanical engineering or relevant field
- Hands-on, practical , “get-it-done” attitude