The Materials Engineering group at VulcanForms is growing and looking for a Materials Processing Engineer. Working with our Materials Scientists and Product Engineers, you will be responsible for developing and qualifying all post-build processing for parts fabricated using metal additive manufacturing. The successful candidate will develop part cleaning, heat-treating, surface improvement and mechanical property test campaigns to substantiate part processing parameters that satisfy customer specification, application and visual requirements. In addition, the successful candidate will approve technical plans, author part and material process specifications, define surface inspection procedures, preform destructive metallurgical analysis of parts and provide customers with technical reports and certification documentation.
This is an exciting and extremely challenging, hands-on role with support from a well-equipped metallurgical laboratory. The growth potential for the right candidate is significant.
- Excited about taking new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing and working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- BS, MS in Metallurgy, Engineering Physics or Materials Engineering.
- Experience with water, solvent based cleaning of metallic components
- Experience with heat treating using vacuum or inert gas process furnaces
- Experience working with acids, bases and chemicals
- Experience with optical, scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and metallographic sample prep.
- Experience with cyclic fatigue testing, NDT and surface modification methods for enhanced inspection capability is a plus.
- Team player with great communication skills.
- Eager to learn materials characterization methods including those of significant technical requirements.
- Minimum 2years of experience working in either academic or industrial materials engineering laboratory.