Devens, MA, USA
This Materials Manager opportunity is a hands-on role that offers a significant challenge for the right individual. This position is based out of the VulcanForms’ Devens, MA facility.
- Lead development, implementation, communication, and maintenance of company ERP system.
- Develop a production scheduling system that supports customer demand and maximizes facility efficiency.
- Develop and implement a Sales Inventory and Operation Planning (SI&OP) process.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures for employee usage.
- Report Material metrics and create a monitoring system for reviewing materials, shelf life, sales, distribution, and all other aspects of an effective materials management system.
- Implement a Continuous Improvement Plan.
- Keep abreast of industry standards, regulations, and laws applicable to the material controls.
- Assure the system controls non-conforming materials internally and prevents shipment to customers.
- Direct production and material and inventory control, shipping and receiving, and materials storage.
- Ensure inventory levels are sufficient to meet customer requirements and timelines.
- Establishes procedures for conducting and valuing year-end inventory.
- Ensure the materials system is established for sub-tier supply chain control and materials documentation.
- Collaborate with other managers to determine supply needs.
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
- Expert knowledge of ERP systems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Data analysis and statistical aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential.
- Skilled using MS Office.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and management skills.
- Cognizant of Quality trends and international regulatory compliance standards, including MDD 93/42/EEC, ISO 13485, and other applicable global regulatory requirements.
- Experience working in metals manufacturing for aerospace, defense, or medical devices companies.
- Experience working in ITAR/EAR compliant organization.
- Experience with Metal Laser Powder Bed Fusion.
- Project management experience.