Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world’s most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We are continuously seeking contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning.
Vulcan Forms is looking for a Manufacturing Manager to lead the Manufacturing Team in Devens, MA, and interface with other organizations to meet our customer’s needs. They will be required to establish long-term objectives and guidelines for managing and monitoring cell performance and productivity. They will direct scheduling and sequencing of work, as well as production innovation to optimize production. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all aspects of manufacturing operations, health and safety regulations, and developing their team to achieve the highest standards while fostering a culture of working safely.
- Provide leadership in all manufacturing activities, including but not limited to planning, scheduling, execution, and delivery of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost.
- The ability to manage multiple product lines requires perfect synchronization between the various production units, real-time capacity planning, and the ability to change schedules as necessary to meet the production plan.
- Coordinate and manage resources, including people, material, and capital, to meet future and current customer requirements.
- Direct activities throughout the entire manufacturing process
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement initiatives within manufacturing as well as other areas of the company.
- Establishes & communicates performance objectives and leads cell performance and productivity initiatives.
- Must analyze and evaluate risks throughout organizational processes with appropriate contingency planning to mitigate risks.
- Support Human Resource and Talent Acquisition company initiatives.
- Develop and mentor direct reports to ensure high performance, competence, and behavior consistent with the company’s values and culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years in manufacturing management role
- Extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and experience applying principles such as GEMBA, leader standard work, value stream mapping, problem-solving, etc
- Experience with ERP & other Maintenance planning tools
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Authorized to work within the US without restrictions (U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or green card holder))
- Practical interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.