As a Maintenance Mechanic at VulcanForms, your main objective will be to maintain productive and support equipment for world’s most advanced metal Additive Manufacturing (AM) systems. You will work with our hardware, software, and controls engineers to install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair mechanical machine systems. This role is based out of VulcanForms’ Devens, MA facility.
You will support uptime, yield, and availability of the printers and assist the engineering team with new projects.
This role is a very hands-on job requiring familiarity with precise hardware assembly techniques, advanced preventative, and predictive maintenance techniques, setting up test equipment, troubleshooting, and monitoring devices. The tasks to perform are technically challenging and will test your attention to detail and precision.
You will assist the manufacturing teams’ daily operations, develop the necessary safety and work procedures, develop assembly methods, and maintain order and inventory.
You will also work with a cross-disciplinary team to further improve our AM system design and performance. You will participate in and provide first-hand feedback on system design and integration.
- Working knowledge of US electrical safety standards.
- Working knowledge in pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanics, process cooling systems, ventilation, and machine design.
- Experience with a wide variety of sensors and actuators, and the ability to select/recommend the best for a particular application.
- Experience with multi-axis machining systems, furnaces, ultrasonic cleaning systems, and media blast systems.
- Experience using standard test/measurement/diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with precision electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Experience with testing software is a plus.
- Enthusiastic about learning new things and proactive about improving the work environment.
- Associates degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, or related technical disciplines