Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world’s most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We are continuously seeking contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, hunger, accountability, and a passion for learning.
VulcanForms is seeking a Machine Technician to join their Hardware Team in Devens, Massachusetts. You will have the unique opportunity to assemble industrial-scale metal additive manufacturing (AM) machines. You will be part of the team that launches the world’s most productive additive manufacturing systems.
Responsibilities include performing mechanical assembly, electrical panel wiring, field wiring, troubleshooting and machine integration of industrial automated equipment. This job operates in an assembly shop floor environment. Employees may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and loud environments.
- Assemble equipment.
- Interface with project team (i.e., Chief Engineer, Project Manager, Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineer, Assemblers).
- Troubleshoot and debug (i.e., diagnoses trouble or defects, determine corrective action and repair system).
- Provide status updates to management on assigned projects.
- Comply with the company’s safety procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with some college or technical school course work.
- Minimum of 2 years of job-related experience, preferably in a machine-building department; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Associates degree in automation or a related technical field from an accredited institution preferred
- 2+ years experience building automated equipment
- Ability to read/understand mechanical drawings and schematics
- High precision, close tolerance proficiency
- Ability to use all hand tools
- Familiarity with machine shop equipment (e.g. mill machine, drill press, lathe, etc.)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills of mechanical systems
- Aware of design tools and techniques
- Proficient in standard and metric systems
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and general computer literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, team player, work well with others, and have a positive can do attitude
- Innovative problem solver
- Focused and attentive to detail