Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world’s most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We are continuously seeking contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning.
As a Lead Senior Mechanical Engineer at VulcanForms, Burlington, MA, you will lead the design, build, and deployment of a handling system to guide fabricated metal components through a variety of cleaning, heat treating, machining, and inspection processes. In this role, you would be leading a small team to ensure that we can deploy and replicate these robust and efficient handling systems across multiple manufacturing facilities.
- Define system requirements and specifications for the design, build, and deployment of handling equipment for post-print processing of parts. Designs and systems need to integrate seamlessly with current printer tooling, post-processing equipment and meet OSHA safety and handling requirements
- Design mechanical system components and subsystems.
- Manage external vendors and lead a small internal team through the design and commissioning process.
- Oversee and participate in the system integration, machine building, commissioning, and gathering first-hand feedback on the performance of designs.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with 10 years of industrial equipment experience.
- Experience with automation design for handling and manipulation of heavy structures.
- Experience with managing small teams of engineers and technicians.
- Authorized to work within the US without restrictions (U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or green card holder))
- Strong sense of ownership
- Experience with CREO and Windchill/IntraLink PDM.
- Experience with safe handling of metal powders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Team player with excellent communication skills