Devens, MA, USA
Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager
The Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager opportunity offers a significant challenge for the right individual. This position is based out of VulcanForms’ Devens, MA facility.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish an industry-leading culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Ensure everyone in the company complies with health and safety laws.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures for employee usage.
- Report Safety and Environmental metrics and create a monitoring system for reviewing compliance to safety standards.
- Implement a Continuous Improvement Plan for safety and the work environment
- Keep abreast of industry standards, regulations, best practices, and laws applicable to safety and the work environment.
- Collaborate with other managers to determine safety needs.
- Manage all corporate environmental permits and reporting requirements.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance to policies and regulations by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities, or new prevention measures.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues, and statistics.
- Proven experience as a successful EH&S manager.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines.
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred.
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety.
- General knowledge of waste streams and recovery systems.