Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world’s most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We are continuously seeking contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, hunger, accountability, and a passion for learning.
As the Document Control Specialist, you will have a unique opportunity to work with industrial-scale metal additive manufacturing (AM) machines. You will be part of the team that launches the world’s most productive additive manufacturing system. This role is split between our manufacturing facility in Devens, MA, and our headquarters in Burlington, MA.
You will primarily be responsible for managing the Windchill PDM environment, coordinating accurate bills of materials between Creo/Windchill and the company’s ERP system, and managing the ECO/ECN process. These tasks include but are not limited to:
- Engineering release process.
- Oversight of Bill of Material (BOM) configurations.
- Engineering changes.
- Supporting documents.
- General application of engineering type functions.
- Manage Windchill PDM system
- Create, maintain and release BOM structures of products.
- Administer the Engineering change system. This includes the ECR, ECO, and ECN generation and tracking.
- Maintain accurate BOM’s with data coordination between Windchill and ERP
- Work with production, purchasing, and engineering to ensure the BOM has the correct structure and correct components and quantities in the system.
- Work closely with production staff to identify and resolve non-conformance issues related to BOM and or part routings, including taking corrective action to prevent future recurrence.
- Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components
- Analyze data discrepancies and make necessary corrections
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and company policies and procedures
- Coordinate with other departments to structure new products and document product changes as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excited about new challenges in Metal Additive Manufacturing and working in a fast-paced startup environment, eager to learn new skills
- Self-motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong working knowledge of Creo/Windchill/PDM Link
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Working knowledge of multi-level engineering BOM structures
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage time, and balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate effectively with teammates
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Effective critical & analytical thinking; able to analyze problems logically to look for solutions
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and balance several tasks